Intended for technicians who have little or no experience in machinery alignment of Solar turbo-machinery.
This course is a combination of instructor lecture and hands-on exercises that will teach the fundamental concepts of the use of precision measuring equipment and machinery alignment. The course will focus on the sources of information and methods used by Solar to complete these tasks as part of package commissioning and routine maintenance activities. Although other methods of performing alignment checks will be briefly covered, the course material and practical exercises will concentrate on the primary method used by Solar – rim and face using dial indicators. Laser alignment techniques will also be discussed and practiced using the Rotalign Pro or Rotalign Ultra tools. The course is designed to be conducted at Solar’s Worldwide Training Centers.
On successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe the use of precision measuring equipment during machinery alignment checks.
- Describe the basic principles of machinery alignment.
- Locate and be able to apply sources of alignment information found on a Solar project.
- Complete practical exercises on test-rigs (shaft alignment simulators) to gain familiarity with alignment procedures and equipment.
- Complete practical exercises on actual turbine packages to align engines and driven equipment to within Solar specifications.
- Precision Measuring Equipment
- Principles Of Machinery Alignment
- Solar Alignment Information
- Solar Alignment Techniques
- Laser Alignment Techniques
- Simulator Exercises
- Package Alignment Exercises
- Comprehensive Student Workbook
- Solar Project Mechanical Installation Drawings
- Solar Alignment Spreadsheet